The intragastric balloon can help you transform your body and your lifestyle in an effective and safe way, improving health and enriching your live.
The Intragastric Balloon System is a scientifically proven medically supervised program, which can help control your weight without the inherent risks of surgery or drugs.
Options to Lose Weight
Today we are faced with a seemingly infinite variety of choices for weight loss. Competing for our attention are the very low calorie diets, diets that restrict food, hypnotism, the extremes of physical exercise programs and anorexic pills. For those with severe obesity, some surgical procedures are available to solve the problem.
The Intragastric Balloon (IGB)
It is also now possible to effectively control weight in overweight individuals with an internationally established program can help control weight, without the inherent risks of surgery or drugs.
IGB offers many obvious advantages compared to diets and weight loss programs conventional. With this system you:
- Have a feeling of early satiety
- Lose more weight than with other diet programs
- Will be supported by a multidisciplinary team of specialists
- Learn the principles to have a long-term success
- Will have the benefit of a nonsurgical, non-pharmacologic treatment.
Experts agree that a successful weight loss program should not only help you lose weight but also maintain a long-term loss. IGB combines a clinically proven way to reduce hunger with your own personal team of specialists.
The program comprises three important parts:
- The Intragastric Balloon: The intragastric balloon is a soft silicone balloon that is inserted into the stomach by endoscopic surgery (by mouth), without need for surgery. Then the IGB is filled with saline and blue methylene according to the capacity of stomach of each patient, using a total volume between 400 to 700 cc that causes a feeling of fullness or lack of hunger and allows to eat only small amounts of food. The medical procedure usually lasts 15 minutes, is performed under mild sedation on an outpatient basis (without hospitalization). After 6 months, the intragastric balloon is removed in the same way it was settled. With the help of intragastric balloon, you can more easily adopt the changes in your lifestyle you need to lose weight.
- A Specialists Team: Professionals with experience in the area of weight loss (bariatric surgeons, gastroenterologists, nutritionists, psychologists and physiotherapists) will work with you to prepare a program to help you succeed in achieving their goals and maintain them.
- Patient Education:During regularly scheduled meetings with your team, you will learn the principles necessary to manage your weight and promote health in the long term. Some of these principles include nutrition, exercise, eating behaviors and psychological issues related to food. As you learn, you will be motivated by your own success and incorporate these principles and habits into your lifestyle that will be valuable for the rest of your life.
Weight Loss Results
People who participate in the program of the intragastric balloon can expect significant weight loss in the first six months. The amount of weight lost and the duration of the loss will depend on the long-term changes in lifestyle habits related to nutrition and exercise. With this IGB system you may experience a significant weight loss, an average of 12 to 20 kilos.
Who may enter the intragastric balloon program?
To participate in the Intragastric Balloon Program you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Being overweight at least 10 to 15 kilos over your ideal weight
- Be willing to meet a serious medical program, overseen by a team of specialists
In addition, there are certain medical reasons that may prevent participation in the Intragastric Balloon Program such as pregnancy, drug or alcohol addiction in the past 12 months, and extensive gastrointestinal surgery among others.
Starting a new life
Consider your choices, the intragastric balloon system could be your best choice to help you transform your body and your lifestyle in an effective and safe. This could be the ideal time to not only look good during the summer, but could be the best time to start a real change that will mark a new stage of your life, controlling weight and improving your health.